lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Timothy Potter <thelabd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Welcome Tim Potter as Lucene/Solr committer
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2014 14:11:22 GMT
This is awesome! Thank you, what an honor to be working with such an
amazing group of engineers.

bio: I work at LucidWorks focusing most of my time on Solr. Most
recently, I've been focused on testing / hardening SolrCloud in a
large-scale cluster to support 100's of collections and billions of
docs. I'm working on SOLR-5495 and 5468 and hope to contribute more to
the unit/integration tests for SolrCloud in the coming months. I've
also worked with Steve Rowe on the RestManager stuff coming in 4.8
(SOLR-5653).

Prior to LucidWorks, I was an architect on the Big Data team at Dachis
Group, where I focused on large-scale machine learning, text mining,
and social network analysis problems. At Dachis Group, I designed and
operated a 36-node SolrCloud cluster (~900M docs) running in AWS. I
dabble in dev-ops. Lastly, I'm the co-author of Solr in Action with
Trey. https://www.linkedin.com/in/thelabdude

Cheers,
Tim

to the committers section of the Who We Are page on the website: <http://lucene.apache.org/whoweare.html>