lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: Prepare for Release of Lucene/Solr 4.8!
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2014 13:14:28 GMT
+1

I'd like to commit LUCENE-5554 for 4.8, so we get back the BQ
performance loss from LUCENE-5487.  I'll commit shortly...

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com

On Wed, Apr 9, 2014 at 7:31 AM, Uwe Schindler <uwe@thetaphi.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We have quite a lot of changes in the stable branch, including the move to Java 7, so
we should work towards making a Lucene/Solr release soon. Those changes are important also
for data integrity, because we can now optionally check index integrity while merging (by
default for stored fields). Next to various analyzer improvements, we also added a Rescorer/QueryRescorer,
to resort the hits from a first pass search using scores from a more costly second pass search.

> I would like to start the release branch later this afternoon and build the first RC
in the first half of the next week. Once the release branch is created, please only commit
bug fixes to it. It would also be good, if you could sort out the Fix Version 4.8 issues and
maybe move them to 4.9 already.