lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: Posting list
Date Mon, 28 Apr 2014 10:12:56 GMT
Postings are more like SortedMap<byte[],List(int,int)>, ie terms are
binary, and are in sorted order.

Are you referring to the indexing chain classes, e.g.
FreqProxTermsWriterPerField.FreqProxPostingsArray?  That class holds
the postings in IndexWriter's RAM buffer until it's time to write them
to disk as a new segment.  Those data structures are somewhat
confusing, but once they are written to disk and opened for reading
they are exposed via the FieldsProducer API.

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com