lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Toke Eskildsen ...@statsbiblioteket.dk>
Subject Re: (Issue) How improve solr facet performance
Date Fri, 23 May 2014 12:08:24 GMT
On Fri, 2014-05-23 at 11:45 +0200, Alice.H.Yang (mis.cnsh04.Newegg)
41493 wrote:
>        We are blocked by solr facet performance when query hits many
> documents. (about 10,000,000)

[320M documents, immediate response for plain search with 1M hits]

> But when we add several facet.field to do facet ,QTime  increaseto
> 220ms or more.

It is not clear whether your observation of increased response time is
due to many hits or faceting in itself.

- How many fields are you faceting on?
- How many unique values does your facet fields have (approximately)?
- What is the content of your facets (Strings, numbers?)
- Which facet.method do you use?
- What is the response time with faceting and a few thousand hits?

> Do you have some advice on how improve the facet performance when hit
> many documents.

That depends on whether your bottleneck is the hitcount itself, the
number of unique facet values or something third like I/O.

- Toke Eskildsen, State and University Library, Denmark