lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Per Steffensen <st...@designware.dk>
Subject Consider changing recommended Jetty connector...
Date Mon, 12 May 2014 14:02:50 GMT
...from org.eclipse.jetty.server.bio.SocketConnector to
org.eclipse.jetty.server.nio.SelectChannelConnector

I believe current recommendation is
org.eclipse.jetty.server.bio.SocketConnector because of:
*
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/dev/branches/branch_4x/solr/example/etc/jetty.xml
*
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/dev/trunk/solr/example/etc/jetty.xml
* Believe I also saw this recommendation expressed on some Solr Wiki
page, but I cannot find it right now

"Change the Solr Listening Port" in
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Running+Solr+on+Jetty
seems to indicate that SelectChannelConnector is sometimes recommended?

Reason that I suggest changing the recommendation can be found it my
thread " maxIdleTime has to pass before request is being handled" on
jetty-users mailing-list. See here:
http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/jetty-users/msg04727.html
(including the follow-ups)

Also suggest to make the recommendation consistent between jetty.xml's
in code and the Reference Guide.

Regards, Per Steffensen