lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <s...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: Test case HardAutoCommitTest.testCommitWithin fail
Date Mon, 26 May 2014 18:13:25 GMT
On 5/26/2014 9:17 AM, Tom Chen wrote:
> Ran Solr test with version 4.7.2 and 4.8.0 on IBM JDK 7, this test case
> failed:
> HardAutoCommitTest.testCommitWithin
>

> And the error cannot be reproduced by using the command in the NOTE in
> the log:
>
> NOTE: reproduce with: ant test  -Dtestcase=HardAutoCommitTest
> -Dtests.method=testCommitWithin -Dtests.seed=A4A368C485089251
> -Dtests.slow=true -Dtests.locale=nl_NL_PREEURO
> -Dtests.timezone=Africa/Malabo -Dtests.file.encoding=US-ASCII
>
> error:org.apache.solr.update.HardAutoCommitTest.testCommitWithin
> Failing for the past 1 build (Since #20 )
> Took 3.7 sec.
>
> Error Message
> Exception during query
> Stacktrace
> java.lang.RuntimeException: Exception during query
>    at
> __randomizedtesting.SeedInfo.seed([A4A368C485089251:1E7107BC06267C44]:0)
>    at org.apache.solr.SolrTestCaseJ4.assertQ(SolrTestCaseJ4.java:696)
>    at
> org.apache.solr.update.HardAutoCommitTest.testCommitWithin(HardAutoCommitTest.java:79)

A recent jenkins failure on trunk, also with the IBM Java, looks just
like this.

http://jenkins.thetaphi.de/job/Lucene-Solr-trunk-Linux/10388/

Looking through the email I've been getting from Jenkins, it looks like
all the failures for this test (going back to 02/2013) are on IBM's
Java, and are not showing up for any other JVM.  This suggests that the
problem is a bug in that JVM.  In the Lucene world, IBM's Java is known
to have a lot of bugs.  You'll have a lot better luck if you run with
the Java 7 JVM from Oracle or OpenJDK.

Thanks,
Shawn