lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Nitzan Shaked <nitzan.sha...@gmail.com>
Subject BaseTokenStreamTestCase
Date Fri, 16 May 2014 04:28:11 GMT
Hi all

While writing the unit tests for a new token filter I came across an
issue(?) with BaseTokenStreamTestCase.assertTokenStreamContents(): it goes
to some length to assure that clearAttributes() was called for every token
produced by the filter under test.

I suppose this helps most of the time, but my filter produces sometimes
more than 1 output token for a given input token. I don't want to care
about what attributes the input token carries, and so don't clear
attributes between producing the output tokens from a given input token: I
only change the attributes I care about (in my case this is charTerm right
now, and nothing else, not even positionIncrement).

This makes my unit tests unable to use
BaseTokenStreamTestCase.assertTokenStreamContents(). I certainly do not
want to add a captureState() and "clearAttributes() ; restoreState() "
calls just so I can pass the unit tests.

I would rather change assertTokenStreamContents to support my use case, by
adding a boolean and making the required changes everywhere else.

Thoughts?
Nitzan