lucene-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Elran Dvir (JIRA)" <>
Subject [jira] [Commented] (SOLR-5514) atomic update throws exception if the schema contains uuid fields: Invalid UUID String: 'java.util.UUID:e26c4d56-e98d-41de-9b7f-f63192089670'
Date Thu, 01 May 2014 09:37:16 GMT


Elran Dvir commented on SOLR-5514:

It happens in my real time environment all the time. After the fix, it seems it stopped happening.
I tried to create a test case, but I couldn't reproduce the problem.
I think it happens when there is some time between updates, so the older version of the document
is fetched by a searcher and by Update Log.
I think the update shouldn't contain the uuid field. The uuid field comes from the original
document and is merged. 

> atomic update throws exception if the schema contains uuid fields: Invalid UUID String:
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>                 Key: SOLR-5514
>                 URL:
>             Project: Solr
>          Issue Type: Bug
>    Affects Versions: 4.5.1
>         Environment: unix and windows
>            Reporter: Dirk Reuss 
>            Assignee: Shalin Shekhar Mangar
>         Attachments: SOLR-5514.patch
> I am updating an exiting document with the statement 
> <add><doc><field name='name' update='set'>newvalue</field>....
> All fields are stored and I have several UUID fields. About 10-20% of the update commands
will fail with the message: (example)
> Invalid UUID String: 'java.util.UUID:532c9353-d391-4a04-8618-dc2fa1ef8b35'
> the point is that java.util.UUID seems to be prepended to the original uuid stored in
the field and when the value is written this error occours.
> I tried to check if this specific uuid field was the problem and
> added the uuid field in the update xml with(<field name='id1' update='set'>...).
But the error simply moved to an other uuid field.
> here is the original exception:
> <lst name="responseHeader"><int name="status">500</int><int name="QTime">34</int></lst><lst
name="error"><str name="msg">Error while creating field 'MyUUIDField{type=uuid,properties=indexed,stored,omitTermFreqAndPositions,required,
required=true}' from value 'java.util.UUID:e26c4d56-e98d-41de-9b7f-f63192089670'</str><str
name="trace">org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: Error while creating field 'MyUUIDField{type=uuid,properties=indexed,stored,omitTermFreqAndPositions,required,
required=true}' from value 'java.util.UUID:e26c4d56-e98d-41de-9b7f-f63192089670'
> 	at org.apache.solr.schema.FieldType.createField(
> 	at org.apache.solr.schema.StrField.createFields(
> 	at org.apache.solr.update.DocumentBuilder.addField(
> 	at org.apache.solr.update.DocumentBuilder.toDocument(
> 	at org.apache.solr.update.AddUpdateCommand.getLuceneDocument(
> 	at org.apache.solr.update.DirectUpdateHandler2.addDoc(
> 	at org.apache.solr.update.processor.RunUpdateProcessor.processAdd(
> 	at org.apache.solr.update.processor.UpdateRequestProcessor.processAdd(
> 	at org.apache.solr.update.processor.DistributedUpdateProcessor.doLocalAdd(
> 	at org.apache.solr.update.processor.DistributedUpdateProcessor.versionAdd(
> 	at org.apache.solr.update.processor.DistributedUpdateProcessor.processAdd(
> 	at org.apache.solr.update.processor.LogUpdateProcessor.processAdd(
> 	at org.apache.solr.handler.loader.XMLLoader.processUpdate(
> 	at org.apache.solr.handler.loader.XMLLoader.load(
> 	at org.apache.solr.handler.UpdateRequestHandler$1.load(
> 	at org.apache.solr.handler.ContentStreamHandlerBase.handleRequestBody(
> 	at org.apache.solr.handler.RequestHandlerBase.handleRequest(
> 	at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.execute(
> 	at org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.execute(
> 	at org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.doFilter(
> 	at org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.doFilter(
> 	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(
> 	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(
> 	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(
> 	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(
> 	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(
> 	at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(
> 	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(
> 	at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(
> 	at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(
> 	at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(
> 	at$
> 	at
> Caused by: org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: Invalid UUID String: 'java.util.UUID:e26c4d56-e98d-41de-9b7f-f63192089670'
> 	at org.apache.solr.schema.UUIDField.toInternal(
> 	at org.apache.solr.schema.FieldType.createField(

This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message