lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Shawn Heisey" <s...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: Solr Admin UI and SolrCloud
Date Thu, 15 May 2014 07:12:40 GMT
> I think there was a discussion/JIRA on moving to AngularJS (or
> ReactJS?). Maybe this should be a part of that discussion.
>
> What is the process for discussion UI? Was this a heroic effort by
> one/two individual or was there a subgroup of some sort?

The entire current state of the admin UI represents the work of many, but
I believe the overall design and initial implementation was done by Stefan
Matheis, in SOLR-2399. The work earned him a committer role in the
project. Now he is the "owner" of the admin UI code.

If you are proposing something huge, it would be a good idea to start a
discussion here. If it's relatively straightforward,  especially if you
have a patch, searching for an issue in jira and opening a new one if
nothing exists already is a good first step.

Thanks,
Shawn