lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Store Java object in field and retrieve it in custom function?
Date Thu, 19 Jun 2014 13:38:45 GMT
Silly question perhaps, but is your binary field type _indexing_ the
content? You're pulling the values from the indexed terms, how is your
binary field type analyzing the input on its way to the index?

Since it's base64, why not just index it as a string type? Do you even
need binary here at all? I confess that I don't know the innards of
the binary type so I'm side-stepping the issue :)...

Erick