lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Yanjiu Huang <jackk...@gmail.com>
Subject Why not use MappedByteBuffer as IndexOutput for MMapDirectory ?
Date Tue, 01 Jul 2014 09:34:53 GMT
Hi,

Maybe there is some misunderstand about MMapDirectory and Directory for
me. But when I go through the MMapDirectory source code, I find that the
IndexOutput for it uses which wraps the FileOutputStream. Since we get
the MappedByteBuffer when we try to read the index file, Can we shared
that ByteBuffer to make write operation more efficient ?
I know the sharing between write and read operations would make it more
complex, but I just want to whether it is better option for MMapDirectory.

If there is some problem, please feel free to tell me. Thank you.

BR.
Yanjiu