lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Move trunk to Java 8
Date Fri, 19 Sep 2014 11:14:13 GMT
A little late to the game, but +1 on Java 8 on trunk.  This bikeshed has gone on for countless
years (go google moving to Java 5 like 8 years ago for Lucene) and you will never make everyone
happy.  People will upgrade when the new features they want in the latest release outweigh
the mythical pain of upgrading a JDK.

On Sep 15, 2014, at 12:44 AM, Shalin Shekhar Mangar <shalinmangar@gmail.com> wrote:

> +1
>
> If we asked our users we would still be using Java 5. Let's move trunk to Java 8. We'd
need to backport stuff to Java 7 based branches for a while because users... but that's okay.