lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Move trunk to Java 8
Date Fri, 12 Sep 2014 19:35:27 GMT
On Fri, Sep 12, 2014 at 3:31 PM, Chris Hostetter
<hossman_lucene@fucit.org> wrote:

> b) that your argument against benson's claims seemed missleading: just
> because Oracle is EOLing doesn't mean people won't be using OpenJDK; even
> if they are using Oracle's JDK, if they are large comercial organizations
> they might pay oracle to keep using it for a long time.

Its not misleading at all, its being practical. If people want to use
old jvm versions, good for them. But if they open a corruption bug
with one of these "commercial" versions, then my only choice is to
close as "wont fix". So they might as well just use an old lucene
version, too.