lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: JDK 9 Early Access with Project Jigsaw build b36 is available on java.net
Date Mon, 03 Nov 2014 22:12:56 GMT
Hi,

A few days ago, I already opened an issue about jigsaw in forbidden-apis (https://code.google.com/p/forbidden-apis/issues/detail?id=39).
Currently it just says "unsupported JDK" and stops checking forbidden (because it cannot find
out if a class is something like sun.misc.Unsafe, non-public). But adding support is quite
easy. Once I installed this version locally, I can start implementing support for Java 9...
Basically, forbidden works as it is, but the special cases like detecting private rt.jar APIs
or extracting the deprecated signature files needs some changes. This is why it says "unsupported".

Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen