lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject Asserts now disabled in 1/3 of all runs on Policeman Jenkins
Date Sat, 01 Nov 2014 11:22:50 GMT
Hi all,

I changed policeman Jenkins configuration to make use of the new property "tests.asserts"
that can be passed to ANT. It sets this to false in 1/3 of all cases (so 2 runs with and 1
run without assertions on average). The setting is also added to the build description and
the failure mail.

By that we can be sure that our code also triggers no hotspot crushes / bugs in production
code. Because assertions heavily change the assembler code produced!!!

Uwe

P.S.: This was first done by Elasticsearch's Test Cluster! Thanks to them for checking this
out!

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen