lucene-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Yonik Seeley (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Commented] (SOLR-4586) Eliminate the maxBooleanClauses limit
Date Fri, 07 Nov 2014 15:01:34 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-4586?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=14202115#comment-14202115
] 

Yonik Seeley commented on SOLR-4586:
------------------------------------

bq. The new test (org.apache.solr.search.TestSolrQueryParser.testManyClauses) fails with my
patch.

I have this problem with Heliosearch too... it's intermittent (it fails maybe 25% of the time
for me) and I believe it's only a test framework issue.  I've verified that there is no other
place in the Solr code base that sets the value, and when I tried by hand with a real server,
it always worked.

It may have something to do with this:
{code}
./lucene/test-framework/src/java/org/apache/lucene/util/TestRuleSetupAndRestoreInstanceEnv.java:
   BooleanQuery.setMaxClauseCount(savedBoolMaxClauseCount);
{code}


> Eliminate the maxBooleanClauses limit
> -------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: SOLR-4586
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-4586
>             Project: Solr
>          Issue Type: Improvement
>    Affects Versions: 4.2
>         Environment: 4.3-SNAPSHOT 1456767M - ncindex - 2013-03-15 13:11:50
>            Reporter: Shawn Heisey
>         Attachments: SOLR-4586.patch, SOLR-4586.patch, SOLR-4586.patch, SOLR-4586.patch,
SOLR-4586.patch, SOLR-4586.patch, SOLR-4586_verify_maxClauses.patch
>
>
> In the #solr IRC channel, I mentioned the maxBooleanClauses limitation to someone asking
a question about queries.  Mark Miller told me that maxBooleanClauses no longer applies, that
the limitation was removed from Lucene sometime in the 3.x series.  The config still shows
up in the example even in the just-released 4.2.
> Checking through the source code, I found that the config option is parsed and the value
stored in objects, but does not actually seem to be used by anything.  I removed every trace
of it that I could find, and all tests still pass.



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v6.3.4#6332)

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@lucene.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@lucene.apache.org


Mime
View raw message