lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Høydahl <jan....@cominvent.com>
Subject Re: solr client sdk's/libraries for native platforms
Date Mon, 01 Dec 2014 14:51:17 GMT
I once asked the SolrNET developers if they would like to move their effort to Apache and become
a certified client library, but the response was lukewarm. https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/solrnet/apache$20lucene$20sub$20project/solrnet/lM5Xul7_nCg/5cj-iz8xbZUJ

Since then the SolrNET effort seems to have almost stalled, and the committers asking money
to add features :)

But chances are that we'd want to model an official .NET api more closely to the Java API,
not?

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com

> 24. nov. 2014 kl. 17.37 skrev Alexandre Rafalovitch <arafalov@gmail.com>:
>
> They are super-stale and there is no easy mechanism for people to
> announce their additions. I am not even sure the announcements are
>
> It comes down to the funnel/workflow. At the moment, the workflow
> makes it _hard_ to maintain those pages. CMM level 1 kind of hard.
>
> Regards,
>   Alex.
> Personal: http://www.outerthoughts.com/ and @arafalov
> Solr resources and newsletter: http://www.solr-start.com/ and @solrstart
> Solr popularizers community: https://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=6713853
>

> On 24 November 2014 at 11:26, Eric Pugh <epugh@opensourceconnections.com> wrote:
>> On the wiki are two pages listing out projects that use Solr:
>>
>> http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrEcosystem
>> http://wiki.apache.org/solr/IntegratingSolr
>>
>> I noticed that they have become stale and was going to update them.   Maybe they
could have more prominence in the Solr site?  But keep them community driven since things
change so quickly.

>> Eric
>>

>>> On Nov 24, 2014, at 10:35 AM, Alexandre Rafalovitch <arafalov@gmail.com>
wrote:

>>> Well, a start would be to actually have an up-to-date list of Solr
>>> clients. I have the list, if somebody knows where it should go (Ref
>>> Guide). I don't want to contribute this to WIKI as we are trying to
>>> get rid of it.
>>>
>>> Then somebody (Summer of Code project?) would derive from that a list
>>> of clients that are up-to-date (a very different story). This would
>>> require a high-level set of features that clients are expected to
>>> cover. I have some thinking around that I am happy to share in a rough
>>> form.
>>>
>>> I would also - as mentioned before - setup a mailing list for all the
>>> client developers to discuss new features in a common way.
>>>
>>> Do not think of this as a primarily code problem - think of it as a
>>> community consolidation and establishing clear interfaces to the
>>> downstream projects.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>  Alex.
>>>
>>> Personal: http://www.outerthoughts.com/ and @arafalov
>>> Solr resources and newsletter: http://www.solr-start.com/ and @solrstart
>>> Solr popularizers community: https://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=6713853

>> Eric Pugh | Principal | OpenSource Connections, LLC | 434.466.1467 | http://www.opensourceconnections.com
| My Free/Busy
>> Co-Author: Apache Solr 3 Enterprise Search Server
>> This e-mail and all contents, including attachments, is considered to be Company
Confidential unless explicitly stated otherwise, regardless of whether attachments are marked
as such.