lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <erik.hatc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] 5.0.0. RC3
Date Tue, 17 Feb 2015 17:06:05 GMT
+1 on RC3.  My usual battery of manual tests worked as expected.

—
Erik Hatcher, Senior Solutions Architect
http://www.lucidworks.com <http://www.lucidworks.com/>

> On Feb 15, 2015, at 5:43 PM, Anshum Gupta <anshum@anshumgupta.net> wrote:
>
> Please vote for the third release candidate for Lucene/Solr 5.0.0.
>
> The artifacts can be downloaded here:
> http://people.apache.org/~anshum/staging_area/lucene-solr-5.0.0-RC3-rev1659987 <http://people.apache.org/~anshum/staging_area/lucene-solr-5.0.0-RC3-rev1659987>
>
> Or you can run the smoke tester directly with this command:
> python3.2 dev-tools/scripts/smokeTestRelease.py http://people.apache.org/~anshum/staging_area/lucene-solr-5.0.0-RC3-rev1659987
<http://people.apache.org/~anshum/staging_area/lucene-solr-5.0.0-RC3-rev1659987>

> As the latest patch for LUCENE-6231isn't in 5.0 branch yet, you can either manually patch
the 5.0 branch with the part-3 patch (like me, and thanks to Steve) or download the RC folder
and run it locally as per the steps in the VOTE thread for RC2.

> I didn't wait for a final decision on LUCENE-6247, which is marked as a blocker for 5.0
as I don't think it is a blocker really. I acknowledge the issue and I'm totally +1 on reducing
the huge download size but not inclined to make those changes to 5.0.