lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "david.w.smiley@gmail.com" <david.w.smi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] 5.0.0 RC2
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2015 14:13:52 GMT
I found two problems, and I’m not sure what to make of them.

First, perhaps the simplest.  I ran it with Java 8 with this at the
command-line (copied from Uwe’s email, inserting my environment variable):

python3 -u dev-tools/scripts/smokeTestRelease.py --test-java8 $JAVA8_HOME
http://people.apache.org/~anshum/staging_area/lucene-solr-5.0.0-RC2-rev1658469

And I got this:

Java 1.8
JAVA_HOME=/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_20.jdk/Contents/Home
NOTE: output encoding is UTF-8

Load release URL "
http://people.apache.org/~anshum/staging_area/lucene-solr-5.0.0-RC2-rev1658469
"...
  unshortened:
http://people.apache.org/~anshum/staging_area/lucene-solr-5.0.0-RC2-rev1658469/

Test Lucene...
  test basics...
  get KEYS
    0.1 MB in 0.69 sec (0.2 MB/sec)
  check changes HTML...
  download lucene-5.0.0-src.tgz...
    27.9 MB in 129.06 sec (0.2 MB/sec)
    verify md5/sha1 digests
    verify sig
    verify trust
      GPG: gpg: WARNING: This key is not certified with a trusted signature!
  download lucene-5.0.0.tgz...
    64.0 MB in 154.61 sec (0.4 MB/sec)
    verify md5/sha1 digests
    verify sig
    verify trust
      GPG: gpg: WARNING: This key is not certified with a trusted signature!
  download lucene-5.0.0.zip...
    73.5 MB in 223.35 sec (0.3 MB/sec)
    verify md5/sha1 digests
    verify sig
    verify trust
      GPG: gpg: WARNING: This key is not certified with a trusted signature!
  unpack lucene-5.0.0.tgz...
    verify JAR metadata/identity/no javax.* or java.* classes...
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "dev-tools/scripts/smokeTestRelease.py", line 1486, in <module>
    main()
  File "dev-tools/scripts/smokeTestRelease.py", line 1431, in main
    smokeTest(c.java, c.url, c.revision, c.version, c.tmp_dir, c.is_signed,
' '.join(c.test_args))
  File "dev-tools/scripts/smokeTestRelease.py", line 1468, in smokeTest
    unpackAndVerify(java, 'lucene', tmpDir, artifact, svnRevision, version,
testArgs, baseURL)
  File "dev-tools/scripts/smokeTestRelease.py", line 616, in unpackAndVerify
    verifyUnpacked(java, project, artifact, unpackPath, svnRevision,
version, testArgs, tmpDir, baseURL)
  File "dev-tools/scripts/smokeTestRelease.py", line 737, in verifyUnpacked
    checkAllJARs(os.getcwd(), project, svnRevision, version, tmpDir,
baseURL)
  File "dev-tools/scripts/smokeTestRelease.py", line 257, in checkAllJARs
    checkJARMetaData('JAR file "%s"' % fullPath, fullPath, svnRevision,
version)
  File "dev-tools/scripts/smokeTestRelease.py", line 185, in
checkJARMetaData
    (desc, verify))
RuntimeError: JAR file
"/private/tmp/smoke_lucene_5.0.0_1658469_1/unpack/lucene-5.0.0/analysis/common/lucene-analyzers-common-5.0.0.jar"
is missing "X-Compile-Source-JDK: 1.8" inside its META-INF/MANIFEST.MF

When I executed the above command, my CWS was a trunk checkout. Should that
matter?  It seems unlikely; the specific error references the unpacked
location, not CWD.

I also executed with Java 7; I did this first, actually.  This time, my
JAVA_HOME is set to Java 7 and I ran this from my 5x checkout.  When the
Solr tests ran, I got a particular test failure.  It reproduces, but only
on the 5.0 checkout — not my 5x checkout:

ant test  -Dtestcase=SaslZkACLProviderTest
-Dtests.method=testSaslZkACLProvider -Dtests.seed=1E2F7F6DC94B2138
-Dtests.slow=true -Dtests.locale=hi_IN -Dtests.timezone=ACT
-Dtests.asserts=true -Dtests.file.encoding=UTF-8

Does this trip for anyone else?  Again, use Java 7 and the release branch.

~ David