lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Anshum Gupta <ans...@anshumgupta.net>
Subject [VOTE] 5.0.0 RC2
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2015 23:16:49 GMT
Please vote for the second release candidate for Lucene/Solr 5.0.0.

The artifacts can be downloaded here:
http://people.apache.org/~anshum/staging_area/lucene-solr-5.0.0-RC2-rev1658469

Or you can run the smoke tester directly with this command:
python3.2 dev-tools/scripts/smokeTestRelease.py
http://people.apache.org/~anshum/staging_area/lucene-solr-5.0.0-RC2-rev1658469

I could not get the above command to work as downloading some file or the
other timed out for me (over 6 attempts) so I instead downloaded the entire
RC as a tgz. I still have it here:

http://people.apache.org/~anshum/staging_area/lucene-solr-5.0.0-RC2-rev1658469.tgz

Untar the above folder at a location of choice. Do not change the name of
the folder as the smokeTestRelease.py extracts information from that.

and then instead of using http, used file://. Here's the command:

python3.2 dev-tools/scripts/smokeTestRelease.py
file://<path_to_the_extracted_folder>

and finally, here's my +1:

--
Anshum Gupta