lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Walter Underwood <wun...@wunderwood.org>
Subject Re: hello solr devs
Date Thu, 12 Feb 2015 22:38:22 GMT
It looks like some work on this stalled out a few years ago:

wunder
Walter Underwood
wunder@wunderwood.org

On Feb 12, 2015, at 2:24 PM, Scott C. Cote <scottccote@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have been an on again and off again user of SOLR and had a need to use the Term Vectors
that SOLR creates.  Discovered that I could not get them via the Solrj client, so I wrote
a utility class to extract the data from the QueryResponse object.  By virtue of how the utility
class was authored, it is an “add-on” to the existing SOLR code, not an update.  Additionally,
I have permission from my company to give it back to the community  :)

> For all i know, there is already a solution for what I have done, but I could not find
it.

> So do I need to submit this as a patch, or do I send the “five java source files”
to one of you “commiters” for review (which I would actually prefer)?  I have a similar
utility for the analysis data (discovered the analysis request object afterwards).