lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@odoko.co.uk>
Subject Re: Unit testing our UIs
Date Thu, 20 Aug 2015 15:19:48 GMT

On Thu, Aug 20, 2015, at 03:06 PM, Jan Høydahl wrote:
> Hi
>
> We’re adding more and more UIs to Solr, and they have no unit tests (as
> far as I know). I could not find any discussions on this topic in the
> list archives, so thought to bring it up here.
>
> I only know about Selenium, could be cool to write up some simple tests
> exercising key parts of the Admin UI in various browsers. Or?

I would love to work out how to test Angular UIs - it has been on my
todo list for some time.

As I understand it, we'd need a browser (e.g. Chrome) running in the
background, which would make it a different kind of test to the rest of
our test suite.

I'm game for working on it. If we can get a single test that works, I
can start using it more widely across the UI.

Upayavira