lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Rowe <sar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 5.3 release
Date Fri, 07 Aug 2015 18:50:04 GMT
> On Aug 5, 2015, at 3:25 PM, Steve Rowe <sarowe@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Uwe, I don’t think renaming the preexisting 5.2 jobs is ideal, because preexisting
release branch jobs can have stale config (inactive jobs’ configs don’t always get updated
when other jobs’ configs do).  When setting up release branch jobs, I like to instead clone
the branch_5x jobs.

I’ve created the 5.3 jobs by copying the 5.x jobs.

> I’ll delete the 5.2 workspaces via ssh/sudo, thanks for the reminder.

Turns out that none of the 5.2 workspaces were present, probably as a result of pruning in
response to insufficient disk space problems in the recent past?

>> On Aug 5, 2015, at 3:10 PM, Uwe Schindler <uwe@thetaphi.de> wrote:
>>
>> Steve: For ASF Jenkins, it would be ideal to rename the preexisting 5.2 jobs and
simply change the branch in the subversion settings. Before doing that, be sure to delete
the old workspace using the GUI (I am not sure if I did that already...)!!! This is important,
because Jenkins does not delete the workspace automatically on rename/job delete, so it consumes
large amounts of disk space, which is very limited on the lucene machine.

I checked, and there should be enough disk space to hold the new 5.3 jobs - judging by the
5.x jobs they’re copied from, they should take up ~17GB of the available ~39GB:

——
sarowe@lucene1-us-west:/home/jenkins/jenkins-slave/workspace$ df -k .
Filesystem     1K-blocks     Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/sdb1       82437808 38832960  39394212  50% /x1
——

——
sarowe@lucene1-us-west:/home/jenkins/jenkins-slave/workspace$ du -s *5.x 2>/dev/null |
perl -pae '$sum += $F[0]; END { print "Total: $sum\n" }'
973404	Lucene-Artifacts-5.x
5933652	Lucene-Solr-Clover-5.x
1621872	Lucene-Solr-Maven-5.x
2933128	Lucene-Solr-NightlyTests-5.x