lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <apa...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: Lucene Documentation For Lucene Developers Required
Date Thu, 06 Aug 2015 15:40:48 GMT
On 8/5/2015 11:46 PM, Waqas Malik wrote:
> I am Waqas Malik from PUCIT Pakistan.
> I am going to start my research on lucene and have been looking to
> make some improvements to lucene indexing. But before i start, i need
> to have some good documentation on lucene internal to understand
> lucene indexing structure and mechanism and algorithms etc.
> Its very time taking to understand it from code. So, i would be glad
> if any of you can share any lucene related stuff/documentation that
> can be helpful in understanding lucene internals from developers point
> of view.

There is extensive information in the javadocs, so if you are looking at
any particular class, that will be invaluable, and you always have the
code available for definitive information.  There is also a handy
documentation link:

https://lucene.apache.org/core/5_2_1/

If your interest extends to Solr, I'm not sure whether there is anything
similar.

Thanks,
Shawn