lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Rowe <sar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: VOTE: RC0 Release of apache-solr-ref-guide-5.3.pdf
Date Wed, 19 Aug 2015 21:42:03 GMT
Cassandra,

I see a bunch of images split across pages, and one that is too wide to fit horizontally.
 Here’s what I’ve found so far:

page #7-8 ("Check if Solr is Running"): Solr admin UI screenshot top boundary is on preceding
page
page #9-10 ("Ask Questions"): Mozilla Firefox OS X window image split over multiple pages
page #28 ("Logging"): Solr admin UI screenshot is too wide to fit, truncated on the right
page #28-29 ("Selecting a Logging Level"): Solr admin UI screenshot split over multiple pages
page #29-30 ("Cloud Screens"): Solr admin UI screenshot ("Graph (Radial)") split over multiple
pages
page #40-41 ("Segments Info"): Solr admin UI screenshot split over multiple pages

We chatted about ref guide PDF image issues on IRC a day or two ago, and IIRC you were seeing
split image problems, but I thought you have fixed them?

I’ll keep looking.

Steve

> On Aug 19, 2015, at 5:04 PM, Cassandra Targett <casstargett@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I already found a couple of formatting issues that lead me to respin this - some table
of contents blocks on pages got screwed up & I missed them earlier. I'll post a new RC
in the morning my time (US Central) Thursday.