lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Høydahl <jan....@cominvent.com>
Subject Re: VOTE: RC1 release of apache-solr-ref-guide-5.3.pdf
Date Fri, 21 Aug 2015 11:26:38 GMT
Comments

General:
* The line wrapping for linked and monospaced text breaks mid-word e.g. p6 “Ta-king”.
Realize that it is desired for loooong http links etc, but can we do better?
* Long CODE blocks starts on one page with only blank lines and continues on the next. Would
be better with white space than the grey background.
* The refGuide should not link to SearchHub.org (which now redirects to LucidWorks.com) (p225,263,264,266,440).
We could instead refer to lucene.apache.org/solr/resources for more info
* Some places “Windows” is written with lowercase “w”

Specific:
* P5: In the “Got Java” chapter, should we start recommending (not requiring) Java8 and
update -version command print to the same (since 7 is not supported)?
* P222, 4th paragraph in "Overview of Searching in Solr": "The default query parser is the
DisMax query parser.”. This is wrong, the default query parser is “lucene”!
* P222: 3rd paragraph from bottom: "Search parameters may also specify a query filter.”
- The common terminology is “filter query”, not “query filter"
* P223: Is the CNET screen shot property attributed? Should probably be "© CBS Interactive
Inc." Also it is old, they have a completely new layout..
* P282: The example for pivot+range uses localparam {!query=q1} from previous example, but
correct is {!range=r1}
* P386: Reformat the code block with new line wrappings for readability
* P411: Font size of some of the URProcessor links are 11 instead of 10 :)
* P577: The “Errata” url link links to itself instead of opening a browser to cwiki

-0 to release as is

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com