lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Dawid Weiss <dawid.we...@gmail.com>
Subject Apache Lucene/Solr GIT migration, requesting infra help
Date Sat, 23 Jan 2016 02:02:52 GMT
Hello Daniel,

I've prepared everything for the migration and I hand it off to you (I
will be available in the morning, if you need assistance). I can also
log on to hipchat, but send me an e-mail if you wish me to.

Here are the steps we kindly ask you to perform (I allowed myself to
uppercase certain things, apologies if it looks like shouting):

1) Permanently REMOVE the following git mirrors of SVN (reason: they
are obsolete and incorrect syncs, consolidated git repo contains full
history):

git://git.apache.org/solr.git
git://git.apache.org/lucene.git

2) Notify (somehow) GitHub that these two repos have been removed
(they should not be available or visible on GitHub as well):

https://github.com/apache/lucene
https://github.com/apache/solr

3) DISABLE svn syncing for the following git mirror:

git://git.apache.org/lucene-solr.git

and then REPLACE it (wipe it clean) with the content of the following
consolidated repository:

git@github.com:dweiss/lucene-solr-svn2git.git

I don't know how it looks from the backend's side, but this should
also work, if there are sufficient permissions:

git clone git@github.com:dweiss/lucene-solr-svn2git.git
git remote add apache git://git.apache.org/lucene-solr.git
git push --mirror apache

4) I don't know if we need to make GitHub aware of the replaced
content of the lucene-solr repo or if their syncing will handle this
automatically. It would be nice if they could catch up as quickly as
possible.

In case of questions, problems or a successful import, please drop me
an e-mail. Oh, thank you for being so nice and helping us on your day
off -- much appreciated.

Dawid