lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Adrien Grand <jpou...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Lucene/Solr 5.4.1 RC1
Date Sun, 17 Jan 2016 22:01:12 GMT
Le dim. 17 janv. 2016 à 04:00, Mark Miller <markrmiller@gmail.com> a écrit :

> Always nice to be patient and accommodating for reroll 1. You know, since
> we are all friends here. Best to get picky later on.

I don't think it is fair to qualify the fact that we should release the
corruption fix as soon as possible as picky.

I can't make everybody happy here as there are two valid opposite arguments
that we should release the corruption fix as soon as possible on the one
hand and that it is ridiculous to release Solr with such a major bug on the
other hand.

I won't release the current artifacts and will respin tomorrow morning EU
time (about 12 hours from now). If someone could backport SOLR-8418 to the
5.4 branch until then, that would be great, otherwise I will do it myself
before building the RC.