lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Adrien Grand <jpou...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Lucene/Solr 5.3.2-RC1
Date Tue, 12 Jan 2016 19:23:53 GMT
While working on the 5.4.1 release I just realized that we would not
prevent users from upgrading from 5.3.2 to 5.4.0 while it is something that
we don't test in TestBackwardsCompatibility (since 5.4.0 is already
released) and that Lucene50SegmentInfoFormat would deserialize a version
constant that does not exist among the Version constants. I don't know if
this should block this release but I think it's at least annoying... I'm
afraid that some of our code might rely on Lucene50SegmentInfoFormat to
deserialize a version that actually exists?