lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: git commits with ssl keys
Date Thu, 04 Feb 2016 10:40:40 GMT
Hi,

> And one more thing I was surprised by (and perhaps someone will tell
> me what I did wrong). When I "cherry picked" to backport to 5x, the
> CHANGES.txt file got all of the inclusions for 6.0 in it (on the 5x
> branch). So I hand-edited that puppy instead of cherry picking.

Did not happen to me until now. It always only cherry-picked the changes in the commit (just
like in SVN). But I have done it using the Tortoise GUI, which is really comfortable (checkout
5.x, go to "show log", on top-left click on branch name and choose "master", right-click master
commit, choose cherry pick).

Maybe it is related to rebasing? I refuse to do rebasing unless really needed, so maybe I
am on safe side - but my computer does not do it "automatically" as suggested here :-)

Uwe