lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: Naming branches so that life is easier
Date Thu, 04 Feb 2016 14:49:49 GMT
Hi,

they are still there as tags. If you want to “reactivate” them, just create a new branch
from the tag:

e.g., history/branches/lucene-solr/solr7790

Most of them were unused (because we did not always delete them at reintegrate), so we just
moved them to history as tags.

In general I have private branches in my local checkout. I name them “private/LUCENE-xxxx”
and never push them. For larger changes where more than one person works on, we can push branches,
but as discussed before, they should follow a naming convention and should not be top-level.

Uwe

-----

Uwe Schindler

H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen