lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: [JENKINS-EA] Lucene-Solr-trunk-Linux (64bit/jdk-9-ea+105) - Build # 15928 - Failure!
Date Mon, 22 Feb 2016 10:20:26 GMT
Hi Rory,

I added build 106 to the iteration and removed -XX:-UseSuperWord from the Java 9 builds (which was the workaround for JDK-8148490).

Keep me informed when the bug was accepted!

Uwe

-----

Uwe Schindler

H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen

eMail: uwe@thetaphi.de

From: Rory O'Donnell [mailto:rory.odonnell@oracle.com]
Sent: Monday, February 22, 2016 9:50 AM
To: dev@lucene.apache.org
Cc: rory.odonnell@oracle.com; 'Balchandra Vaidya' <balchandra.vaidya@oracle.com>; 'Muneer Kolarkunnu' <abdul.kolarkunnu@oracle.com>; Dalibor Topic <dalibor.topic@oracle.com>
Subject: Re: [JENKINS-EA] Lucene-Solr-trunk-Linux (64bit/jdk-9-ea+105) - Build # 15928 - Failure!

On 22/02/2016 08:44, Rory O'Donnell wrote:

Thanks Uwe, we will look at the issue.

JDK 9 b106 is available on https://jdk9.java.net/download/.

I should have mentioned ,this  build includes a fix for JDK-8148490
RegisterSaver::restore_live_registers() fails to restore xmm registers on 32 bit

Rgds,Rory

Rgds, Rory

On 20/02/2016 09:20, Uwe Schindler wrote:

Hi Rory,

we found another bug in build 105 (but could have introduced much earlier, it is just new code in Lucene to allow us to handle the new MappedByteBuffer unmapping since build 105):

Review ID: JI-9029693: Java 9 build 105 breaks MethodHandles calling interface methods

This bug may affect Nashorn or Lambdas compilation in Hotspot, so I see it as serious. It is very easy to reproduce with correct command line. I hope this could be fixed easily, because it prevents us from doing further testing the Java 9 changes around our "mmap hack".

Uwe

-----
http://www.thetaphi.de
eMail: uwe@thetaphi.de <mailto:uwe@thetaphi.de>