lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <apa...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: git email format customizability: add branch to subject?
Date Sat, 20 Feb 2016 03:54:02 GMT
On 2/19/2016 6:04 PM, Ryan Ernst wrote:

> This sounds good, but isn't the repo name redundant given it is
> implied by the email going to commits@l.a.o?

Right now, I think the only git repository we've got is lucene-solr, but
we also receive commit emails from the subversion repository that holds
the Lucene and Solr websites.  That repository will probably also be
converted to git eventually.

What would be really nice is to have the repo name removed if it's the
main code repository (lucene-solr in our case) and kept if it's
something else, but as Hoss mentioned, Infra probably will not be
willing to handle a lot of customization to the script that sends these
messages.  There is probably more configurability than they *want* to
support already.

Thanks,
Shawn