lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: 5.4.2 Bug Fix Branch?
Date Mon, 08 Feb 2016 21:18:47 GMT
Let's just name it branch_5_4 at the top level?  (Branching off of the
lucene_solr_5_4 tag in git).

On Mon, Feb 8, 2016 at 3:16 PM, Shawn Heisey <apache@elyograg.org> wrote:

> Do we think a 5.4.2 release is likely? I would think that this is NOT
> likely, because I think it would require massive amounts of backporting
> to make it work right with git.

I think if a bug is important enough, we can do a 5.4.2?

> As I understand it, we are backporting
> all the git-related work to branch_5x for a 5.5 release and pushing
> towards a 6.0 release, with these two efforts proceeding more or less
> simultaneously.  If my understanding is wrong, someone please correct me.

That's correct ... I plan to cut a 5.5 branch probably tomorrow or Wed
to get the process started ... then try to debug the release process
with git :)

But if Nick wants to do a 5.4.2, if the bug is bad enough, that should
be fine too?

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com