lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: Removing branch_5x shortly
Date Sat, 20 Feb 2016 17:26:50 GMT
Thanks for asking :)

I was just going to do:

  git push origin --delete branch_5x

(Instead of the crazy all-powerful-colon syntax).

This just removes the "pointer" (branch_5x) to the latest commit hash
right?  The commits unique to that branch still remain unless we ask
git to reclaim them?  Or does git reclaim un-referenced nodes on its
own sometimes...?

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com