lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Shai Erera <ser...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Naming branches so that life is easier
Date Thu, 04 Feb 2016 06:32:58 GMT
I think that all remote branches should be JIRA related. I.e. I don't see
myself pushing a remote branch like shaie/something. Since we do all
development through JIRA, then if someone experiments with something and
wants to push it to the Git repo, I think that should be done within the
context of a JIRA issue.

Naming these branches *jira/lucene-XXXX* or *jira/solr-XXXX* (I don't mind
if we use hyphen or underscore) or dropping the *jira/* prefix -- I'm fine
w/ both. I personally don't think that we need the JIRA prefix, since it's
pretty obvious to tell by the name of the branch, but I can go either way.

Shai