lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Dawid Weiss <dawid.we...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Naming branches so that life is easier
Date Thu, 04 Feb 2016 18:27:59 GMT
> was it decided to just abandon them or are they hidden somewhere now in git/github?

Read here:
https://github.com/dweiss/lucene-git-guides/blob/master/10-locate-historical-svn-commit-or-branch.sh

> The fact that all the tags have this long string of "releases/(lucene|solr|lucene-solr)/"
prefixes just makes it even less easy to use the drop-down list.

Maybe. But the drop-down list is not git on apache, it's github. The
naming convention was suggested by me (search the archives) and nobody
objected. I don't see any other (better) way of differentiating tags
from three (!) different projects and making this transparent.

D.