lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: git commits with ssl keys
Date Thu, 04 Feb 2016 05:00:40 GMT
Dennis:

I just struggled with this..... And if you use IntelliJ, there are
"other issues".

This helps:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/

Since I'm on OS X, here's what I know about that platform. Ignore if
you're on something else of course, there are other instructions on
the page above.

git config --global credential.helper osxkeychain

I also had to remove all git-related entries in my keychain then
magically when I tried to push again it asked me for credentials (from
the command line). After that I was fine both from the command line
and IntelliJ. Of course next time I signed into GitHub I had to
re-authorize myself, and now I have two entries in my keychain. We'll
see if they play nice together. I DO NOT KNOW whether deleting my
keychain entries related to GitHub was necessary, I'm at the voodoo
stage.

About IntelliJ: I had to turn off the subversion plugin for IntelliJ
to work at all. Again, it's voodoo since I don't know whether there's
a good alternative or not. But since I don't need SVN for IntelliJ,
it's no loss and I'm not about to waste time trying to figure out a
more elegant solution.

And one more thing I was surprised by (and perhaps someone will tell
me what I did wrong). When I "cherry picked" to backport to 5x, the
CHANGES.txt file got all of the inclusions for 6.0 in it (on the 5x
branch). So I hand-edited that puppy instead of cherry picking.

FWIW
Erick@AnotherGitNewbie.org