lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Removing branch_5x shortly
Date Sat, 20 Feb 2016 20:59:12 GMT
I think it fits a lot more with how we work to add some documentation to
the release wiki and or elsewhere about changing index format after the
next major release, and that the release manager should ping the list and
scan changes for potential violations in such release situations.

That seems much more in line with our practices and let's us keep the
stable line alive. If we cannot do that, all this crazy effort we put into
two simultaneous branches has even less value.

- Mark