lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Jack Krupansky <jack.krupan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Removing branch_5x shortly
Date Sat, 20 Feb 2016 20:08:27 GMT
+1 for managing git branches the same way as branches were managed in svn
(modulo any specific technical differences of git vs. svn). I see only
branch_5x in svn right now - when in the staging of release 5.0 was
branch_4x deleted?

Looking at the official ReleaseToDo wiki, I don't actually see any process
for removing old branches. So what exactly wss the old informal guidance
that determined when branch_4x was removed>?

BTW, when branchng for a new release, I see this confusing statement: "For
the first release in a minor release series - i.e. X.Y.0 - create a minor
release branch off the current major version branch, e.g. for minor release
5.5." I mean, shouldn't there be two separate statements, first the
creation of the stable branch on a major release, and second the creation
of a point/bugfix branch from the stable branch on a minor release? Or have
explicit sections for "Major release", "Minor release", and "Bugfix
release".

-- Jack Krupansky