lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Jack Krupansky <jack.krupan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Naming branches so that life is easier
Date Thu, 04 Feb 2016 15:48:26 GMT
Thanks, Uwe. I guess the problem is that the tas list is way too long to
easily view in the drop-down list, compared to the full page view I am used
to from the old svn view.

Is there some way to reorder the tags? I mean, most commonly I just want to
access recent releases, but 5.4.1 is way down the list. And Solr 1.4 is
right at the top! I guess I'll have to use the search box to more quickly
access releases.

The fact that all the tags have this long string of
"releases/(lucene|solr|lucene-solr)/" prefixes just makes it even less easy
to use the drop-down list.

The branch drop-down will probably quickly hit that non-ease of use if
people push a lot of work-in-progress branches. Again, i would be nice if
the most recent branches were at the top of the list.

But these are all relatively minor nits. Overall, I'm happier to view code
in github than the old viewvc. Somebody still needs to update the Solr
Resources page to include the github link in addition to the legacy svn
viewvc link.

-- Jack Krupansky