lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: git commits on JIRA issues;
Date Thu, 04 Feb 2016 01:06:28 GMT

: > unless i'm missing something, only getting email/jira
: > notifications the first time a specific commit was seen would mean that
: > when backporting from master to 5x (or 6x down the road) there would be no
: > tracking email/comment ... which would make it much harder to know when
: > things were backported.

: I don't think that is true, since backporting would be done with
: cherry-pick, which actually creates a new commit (and thus a different
: hash). This issue is about the *same* hash appearing on multiple branches
: through merge commits.

Are you sure *all* back porting will be done by cherry picking?

I don't rememebr seeing any clear cut concensus on that to make me
comfortable with taking it for granted in the context of this discussion.

-Hoss
http://www.lucidworks.com/