lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Vanlerberghe, Luc" <Luc.Vanlerber...@bvdinfo.com>
Subject RE: [Possibly spoofed] Re: Solr/Lucene 6.x: Multiple public Query classes not immutable (yet)
Date Thu, 03 Mar 2016 14:13:20 GMT
Thanks for reviewing,

There are a few things I’d like to change:

-          I didn’t leave any public MultiPhraseQuery constructors like you did for PhraseQuery.
 Adding a few afterwards shouldn’t break anything though.

-          The private termArrays and positions members could become fixed arrays like you
did for PhraseQuery.  This would change the signature of getTermArrays() and getPositions(),
so perhaps it should happen now…

From: Adrien Grand [mailto:jpountz@gmail.com]
Sent: donderdag 3 maart 2016 14:53
To: dev@lucene.apache.org
Subject: [Possibly spoofed] Re: Solr/Lucene 6.x: Multiple public Query classes not immutable
(yet)

Hey Luc,

Le jeu. 3 mars 2016 à 11:23, Vanlerberghe, Luc <Luc.Vanlerberghe@bvdinfo.com<mailto:Luc.Vanlerberghe@bvdinfo.com>>
a écrit :
Since it is part of the public API I would suggest splitting it in an immutable class and
a builder like was done for most other Queries *before* releasing an official 6.x version.

+1
I started reviewing your patch on LUCENE-7064 and it looks good. I would lean towards having
it in 6.0 since there are a couple other APIs that are still getting some last-minute adjustments
but I will check with Nick who will be the release manager for 6.0.