lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Uwe Schindler <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject Re: [JENKINS-EA] Lucene-Solr-master-Linux (32bit/jdk-9-ea+111) - Build # 16340 - Still Failing!
Date Sat, 26 Mar 2016 15:53:13 GMT
Hi,

for me it repros every time if I run all tests of analyzers.common. on Linux and Windows in
both 32 and 64 bits.

I have the same feeling, maybe it's a race while initializing Unicode data. It is also strange
that it never happens with build 110 (for me and jenkins). But change log of JDK had nothing
else than Jigsaw merge!

Maybe try to load all other breakers and stuff before Thai. Maybe the Farsi problems have
same reason.

Uwe

Am 26. März 2016 14:43:41 MEZ, schrieb Robert Muir <rcmuir@gmail.com>:
>The thai breakiterator "works" just not always.
>
>Here is a standalone test which passes: http://pastebin.com/5YUhjiAa
>
>I encountered this exact same problem the very first time I tested
>jigsaw and reported it to the jigsaw list, it happened to me once and
>i could never reproduce it.
>
>Maybe it depends on order of classes loaded or something, since it
>never fails standalone...
>

>On Sat, Mar 26, 2016 at 8:01 AM, Uwe Schindler <uwe@thetaphi.de> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I reverted to build 110. The new JDK modules are missing important
>Locale data like a working, dictionary-based Thai BreakIterator and a
>working Farsi/Arabic Collator.
>>
>> Uwe
>>
>> -----
>> Uwe Schindler
>> H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen
>> http://www.thetaphi.de

>>> Dtests.timezone=America/Montevideo -Dtests.asserts=true -
>>> Dtests.file.encoding=ISO-8859-1
>>>    [junit4] ERROR   2.25s J1 | TestFactories.test <<<
>>>    [junit4]    > Throwable #1:
>java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: This
>>> JRE does not have support for Thai segmentation
>>>    [junit4]    >      at
>>> __randomizedtesting.SeedInfo.seed([3728DFB750E2A4A0:BF7CE06DFE1EC95
>>> 8]:0)
>>>    [junit4]    >      at
>>>
>org.apache.lucene.analysis.th.ThaiTokenizer.<init>(ThaiTokenizer.java:70)
>>>    [junit4]    >      at
>>>
>org.apache.lucene.analysis.th.ThaiTokenizerFactory.create(ThaiTokenizerFac
>>> tory.java:47)
>>>    [junit4]    >      at
>>>
>org.apache.lucene.analysis.core.TestFactories$FactoryAnalyzer.createComp
>>> onents(TestFactories.java:189)
>>>    [junit4]    >      at
>>> org.apache.lucene.analysis.Analyzer.tokenStream(Analyzer.java:176)
>>>    [junit4]    >      at
>>>
>org.apache.lucene.analysis.BaseTokenStreamTestCase.checkResetException
>>> (BaseTokenStreamTestCase.java:391)
>>>    [junit4]    >      at
>>> org.apache.lucene.analysis.BaseTokenStreamTestCase.checkRandomData(B
>>> aseTokenStreamTestCase.java:510)
>>>    [junit4]    >      at
>>>
>org.apache.lucene.analysis.core.TestFactories.doTestTokenizer(TestFactorie
>>> s.java:83)
>>>    [junit4]    >      at
>>>
>org.apache.lucene.analysis.core.TestFactories.test(TestFactories.java:54)
>>>    [junit4]    >      at
>java.lang.Thread.run(java.base@9-ea/Thread.java:804)
>>>    [junit4]   2> NOTE: leaving temporary files on disk at:
>>> /home/jenkins/workspace/Lucene-Solr-master-
>>>
>Linux/lucene/build/analysis/common/test/J1/temp/lucene.analysis.core.Tes
>>> tFactories_3728DFB750E2A4A0-001
>>>    [junit4]   2> NOTE: test params are:
>>> codec=FastDecompressionCompressingStoredFields(storedFieldsFormat=Co
>>> mpressingStoredFieldsFormat(compressionMode=FAST_DECOMPRESSION,
>>> chunkSize=29673, maxDocsPerChunk=335, blockSize=860),

--
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, 28213 Bremen