lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Drob <mad...@cloudera.com>
Subject Test Issues
Date Mon, 28 Mar 2016 19:06:32 GMT
I feel like I have to be missing something simple, and yet I find myself
asking on the mailing list. I've narrowed down my failing test to something
that I don't think it related to my code changes at all and I'm struggling
to understand what I'm failing to set up correctly in this environment.

This test consistently fails for me:

public class MyTest extends BaseDistributedSearchTestCase {
  @Override
  protected String getSolrXml() {
    return "solr.xml";
  }

  public MyTest() {
    fixShardCount(1);
  }

  @Test
  public void test() throws Exception {
    index(id, 1);
    commit();
    query("q", "*:*");
  }
}

With the following trace:

junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: .response.maxScore:1.0!=null
    at
__randomizedtesting.SeedInfo.seed([9EDA50B342BBA70E:5699086545248268]:0)
    at
org.apache.solr.BaseDistributedSearchTestCase.compareSolrResponses(BaseDistributedSearchTestCase.java:924)
    at
org.apache.solr.BaseDistributedSearchTestCase.compareResponses(BaseDistributedSearchTestCase.java:943)
    at
org.apache.solr.BaseDistributedSearchTestCase.query(BaseDistributedSearchTestCase.java:618)
    at
org.apache.solr.BaseDistributedSearchTestCase.query(BaseDistributedSearchTestCase.java:598)
    at
org.apache.solr.BaseDistributedSearchTestCase.query(BaseDistributedSearchTestCase.java:577)
    at org.apache.solr.mytest.MyTrace.test(MyTest.java:61)
    at ...

I've tried copying from existing test cases, but haven't had any luck so
far. Any pointers on this?

Mike