lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Adrien Grand <jpou...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Possibly spoofed] Re: Solr/Lucene 6.x: Multiple public Query classes not immutable (yet)
Date Thu, 03 Mar 2016 14:24:44 GMT
Le jeu. 3 mars 2016 à 15:13, Vanlerberghe, Luc <Luc.Vanlerberghe@bvdinfo.com>
a écrit :

> -          I didn’t leave any public MultiPhraseQuery constructors like
> you did for PhraseQuery.  Adding a few afterwards shouldn’t break anything
> though.

I think it's good this way: I added them for PhraseQuer because I thought
it should be easy to create simple phrase queries but maybe it was a
mistake. MultiPhraseQuery on the other hand is an expert query so I'm
totally fine with not having convenience constructors.

> -          The private termArrays and positions members could become
> fixed arrays like you did for PhraseQuery.  This would change the signature
> of getTermArrays() and getPositions(), so perhaps it should happen now…

Actually I think returning a list is better: with arrays you need to
perform a deep copy if you want to make sure that the user cannot change
the internal state of the query. We could keep arrays internally and call
Collections.unmodifiableList(Arrays.asList(termArrays)) when returning the
terms to the user?