lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Rowe <sar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lucene/Solr 6.0.0 Release Branch
Date Thu, 03 Mar 2016 15:48:51 GMT
-1 to wait on creation of branch_6_0.  My preference is to not drop the branch, but to continue
forward and fix problems as we discover them.

Feature freeze for a release should not block development.

If we drop the 6.0 branch, then changes already merged into branch_6x, but destined for 6.1,
will have to be reverted.

--
Steve
www.lucidworks.com

> On Mar 3, 2016, at 10:35 AM, Uwe Schindler <uwe@thetaphi.de> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> could we just drop and re-create the branch? The Jenkins builds are not yet stable, so
I am not happy to branch 6.0 NOW. See also Robert's mail.
> First we should fix the Solr test failures! We have almost NO run on Jenkins that succeeds
for 6.x (or master)! We cannot release that!!!