The Solr release announcements summarize the highlights as well:
http://lucene.apache.org/solr/news.html

Some of the Jira jargon is translated into plain English.

-- Jack Krupansky

On Wed, Apr 27, 2016 at 11:46 PM, Thomas Pan <hupan@linkedin.com.invalid> wrote:

Alexandre,

Thanks for your prompt response!

Best,
Thomas

--
The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step. -- Lao Tzu
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Changes list is probably the easiest source.

Regards,
   Alex.
----
http://www.solr-start.com/