lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Josal <rjo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Schedule merges during off-peak hours?
Date Mon, 02 May 2016 14:04:15 GMT
I don't have a comment on whether or not it makes sense to have schedule
based merges, but I will say that search speed is impacted by segment
count, and if you're indexing constantly all day long, it's possible that
saving a merge until off peak hours may put more stress on your servers
than doing the merge.  Also, are you merging down to one segment?  I found
it to be a happy medium to merge down to 2 or 3 segments.

Ryan