lucene-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Shawn Heisey <apa...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: solr.common.util.Pair --> commons.lang3.tuple.Pair
Date Thu, 05 May 2016 18:53:33 GMT
On 5/5/2016 11:07 AM, Erick Erickson wrote:
> Or upgrade commons-lang....

I did think of that, and thought it probably would not work because
commons-lang 2.x was almost guaranteed to be a sub-dependency to one of
Solr's other dependencies.

Just for giggles, I updated the ivy config to pull in 3.4 instead of
2.6.  I did "ant clean clean-jars clean-eclipse eclipse" and refreshed
the eclipse project ... I managed to figure out the correct ivy changes.

Then I used "organize imports" in Eclipse to fix the majority of the
errors - a bit of a sledgehammer approach, I admit.  There was one
source file where I had to adjust actual code, but the change was very
minor, and the javadoc suggested it wouldn't be an issue.  Then I ran
"ant clean server" and "bin\solr start -f" in the solr directory to see
if there would be any *obvious* problems where one of Solr's *other*
dependencies expected the legacy commons-lang jar.

Surprisingly, there were no immediate indications of problems.  Solr
started and the admin UI worked.  I did not try any other operations.

After a little more investigating, and seeing a ton of cloud tests
failing, I did learn that zookeeper (even 3.5 alpha versions) has an
optional dependency on commons-lang-2.4, so I tried "bin\solr -e cloud
-noprompt".  That's when it became apparent that this wasn't going to
work.  There are errors in the log about commons.lang classes not being
found.

Thanks,
Shawn


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@lucene.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@lucene.apache.org


Mime
View raw message